Sunday, 23 September 2007

OMG...............I've done it


Well bugger me. I've done it. I still don't know why and I still don't know if anyone will be interested but I have been inspired to write my very first blog.

Now my inspiration has to be my friend (who I would like to call my friend if he didn't mind)
Mr Bertie Bassett. Berties blog is a masterpiece of blogging. I urge anyone who mistakenly come across this to check it out.
Its through reading his blog and the encouragement he has given that I have felt able to write this today. Wether I will actually show it to anyone is a different matter but 1 step at a time eh!

Now I have decided to do a blog I have suddenly found myself with very little to say. I pride myself on having an opinion on everything but when I'm under pressure to deliver I'm unable to. I feel rather inadequate. All I know about is what I do. I'm a mummy.....To 3 beautiful buttons. I do school runs, make lunches and cook dinner, clean up and wash clothes ......Day in day out and for the most part it is very satisfying. what's interesting about that???

See I could probably write a million things now but wont......as I have sat and pondered over this for a while now and have decided everything I had to say wasn't interesting enough.

I have decided to use this space to come to whenever I want to say something but think I shouldn't. Why shouldn't I....I ask myself. What stops me from putting myself out there and actually saying something that might reveal a little bit about who I am. Something that might show me to think differently to the majority, and why does that scare me. The fear of ridicule and non acceptance I suppose. don't we all want to belong somewhere and be accepted.
When do we decide its ok to be who we are. I honestly thought I would be there by now.


So before I ramble on into non existence I'm going to leave it there. Determined to come back tomorrow with something else to say.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Yay! Go Emma! I don't know what I expected when I got here, but it wasn't this. You've designed, you've added widgets, you've learned how to do linkies. You did it ... all by yourself, you clever chockie!
And now you've let me see, I think you should let Bertie, the Sarge, Janet, Milgi, Balders, Norma, Scottie and the rest of the thread see too. So there :-p
Well done Emma.
Take care ~ Kitty :-)

The Thoughts of Chairman Bertie said...

Can I just add my six pennorth and say...........publish and be damned!
It's far more sophisticated than I expected and is more than ready for the real world.

As for my influence.....if I helped encourage you to write then that's my privilege but the rest is down to you so enjoy!